This blog is dedicated to my family time while I was abroad. 

I was very lucky that my parents and brother were able to visit me during Richard's spring break. After three months of no family time, we were finally all reunited in Dublin!!!! It was pretty surreal having my family with me in a place I've started to call home after the last three months. I'm writing this blog about a month after my family was here, and thinking back on my time in Dublin, I think it took me about all of January and February to actually feel comfortable in Dublin.  

Dublin was a brand new place for me, and the first city I had ever lived in. Adjusting to Ithaca was so much easier because I had the small campus and small commons to get situated in and that was it. Landing in Dublin, I had a whole campus, city, and country to learn about before I could feel at home here. It wasn't until my family got to Dublin that I realized just how comfortable I was here. 

They landed in Dublin on a Saturday morning, and we hopped in a rental car and drove to Cork that same day. When I first got to Dublin, I had a week to recover from the time difference, but when my family got to Dublin I gave them no time. They landed at nine and by 12 we my dad was driving on the wrong side of the road to Cork. 

I know how lucky I am to have a family like mine. Before they visited, I explained to my friend that we're the type of family who enjoys each other's company and choose to spend our free time together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary Entry #1

Ciao or Caio?

Mixed Emotions